Acne is a chronic disease of the skin follicles in our body. This disease occurs on the face, neck, chest, back and hands. Rashes, small boils, cysts and even nodules can occur in these places. This disease is usually more on the face. Acne is mostly on the cheeks, nose, forehead and beak. During puberty, under the influence of hormones testosterone and progesterone, the sebaceous glands of the skin begin to secrete more oil. But this oil cannot come out. Because the way the oil comes out is defective. So the oil starts accumulating inside the gland. At one point, the gland bursts. As a result, the oil spreads to the surrounding tissue. The bacteria then break down the oil and produce fatty acids in the tissue. These fatty acids cause inflammation in the skin. This results in the formation of pimples in the skin, known as acne.
- Hormonal fluctuations during puberty.
- Anxiety or excessive night waking.
- A week before the onset of menstruation, estrogen decreases due to changes in hormone levels during pregnancy.
- Birth control pills (pills with high levels of progesterone)
- Steroid hormones. or seizures.
- Psychiatric medication or TB medication.
- Using oily creams/lotions etc.
Acne is divided into several categories according to its behavior.
- Tropical acne: This type of acne appears on the back, thighs due to excessive heat and air humidity, which usually happens to people living in summer countries.
- Pre-menstrual acne: This type of acne appears on the face of women a few weeks before menstruation (about 5-10).
- Cosmetic acne: This type of acne occurs due to excessive use of cosmetics, or due to the use of soap on the face.
- Acne conglobata: This type of acne causes a terrible condition in the skin of the affected area, which usually occurs on the chest, back, shoulders and thighs.
- Steroid acne: This type of acne occurs suddenly after taking steroid medicine. eg :(betnovate etc)
- Oily face should be reduced.
- Wash your face several times a day with soap to reduce oiliness.
- Eat more vegetables. Oily, salty, fried food including chocolate, ice cream and other junk food should be reduced.
- Once the acne is formed, it will not go away.
- A hole becomes a hole. In addition, germs from hands and nails infect acne.
- As a result, the acne turns into a pimple. There is a hole in the mouth.
- Many people use steroid ointments to lighten and treat acne. It cannot be done in any way. If it is swollen or more, you must consult a doctor.
Acne treatment is constantly being modernized. First, different types of creams such as erythromycin, clindamycin, benzyl peroxide etc. are used in the treatment.
If it does not work or if the disease is severe, food medicine such as erythromycin, doxycycline, clindamycin etc. is given in addition to it.